mydramalist.info

eungdaphara 1994

Official discussion of eungdaphara 1994

Synopsis
In an era when Seo Taiji and Yonsei basketball were at the height of popularity, a group of young people in their 20s who hail from different provinces come together at a boarding house in Seoul, growing as they learn about life, friendship, and love.

Warning
This page may contain spoilers.
hephzibah 15 Dec, 2013
@leylachan
ep. 17...
That part with the two Seong Dong Ils was hilarious! XD
Poor Na Jeong and husband... They have neighbours like these... If it were me, I sure as hell would move out as soon as possible... Not that Na Jeong is much better... But she is no Seong Si Won. :D

But am I the only one who started to be bored a little?
They went a little too far... I don't really care about who is the husband anymore, and that took away the fun... Na Jeong lost her own personality, she is nothing else now, but the girl with a temper waiting to be taken by someone...
I still like Oppa to bits! But I just don't CARE...
I don't really mind they
took Chil Bong out of the picture, I never was a fan of his,

but they should have replaced the excitement coming from that conflict with another one. They have the cast for it!
The show focus too much on the husband mistery, and neglecting the other characters...

Even though the last two eps. focused on Binggeure, I felt they just wanted to get over with that storyline...
O.K... They did not go the expected route with it... But hell, they did not DARE to bring it a route they could... I am not saying they should have put him togheter with Jun Hui! No... But they went into one direction for 15 eps, and then they just made a huge turnaround.

I was expecting them to heighten my feels about him! I wanted to feel something! But I was just watching it, and when I thought: O.K... Now it is coming! Now I will cry a river for him! Then they tripped me, and I fell on my face...
Sure that girl is cute... But I did not FEEL the love that was supposedly starting to grow in Binggeure...
One moment he was all melancolic, and pining for Oppa, then he was kissing a girl...

I was just sitting there dumbfounded...

4 eps to go...
There can't be too much of a surprise in the endgame, though...
If they don't want to pull us into another direction just for the spite of it...
If they break Na Jeong and Oppa up now...
I am not telling they can't break up!
But Na Jeong was loving Oppa the whole series, 17 long episodes now... Hell, she is the Yun Yun Je of this story! The one who worked hard for that first love to come true!
Let's say they will find a reason to break them up! They will have to build a foundation for the love she will feel for Chil Bong then, and then close every other storyline they started... Find a new girl for Oppa (no, not the doctor girl in Busan... She just got shot down by Oppa so straight, I nearly felt sorry for her! :D )
No... too much for 4 eps...
If they start to close every loose end now, maybe they can do good with the end...

One thing is for sure, though.
This is no Reply '97... I was sitting on needles the whole time with that. Now I am watching it, becouse I am curious.
But not excited anymore! And I miss that feeling!

That they are giving us 21 eps, doubled in length at that... It is taking its toll...
makiru 15 Dec, 2013
I didn't buy Binggeure's heterosexuality lol
hephzibah 15 Dec, 2013
@makiru
Right?
That is why I was so dumbfounded... I was all: Are you kidding me???
makiru 15 Dec, 2013
@hephzibah
To me, it seemed like he forced himself to like a girl, like he did to the medicine school... forced himself to do the 'right' thing. I wasn't expecting him end up with 'the guy in the red car' but...
with a girl? Seriously? I really liked the AM1997 parody with that 'confirm' kiss, and I just love the actress
(Maeri~~ xD First, Min jong, now her, 'A Gentleman's Dignity' nostalgia!)
but no. Just no, writer, please... Try again, try harder.
I mean, Joon hee don't ended up with Yoon jae but he didn't magically fell in love with a girl either.
It was much more real...
Oh, they really need to cut Chilbongi off like this? I'm pretty upset.
babo 15 Dec, 2013
there was a time in episode 16 when I really thought that Binggeure would end up with Joon Hee, I really did! But it ended up to be that girl...I have to say it went a little to fast with Binggeure and that 'Die Die' girl, they didn't give us the time to get the feeling of their releasionship...
hephzibah 15 Dec, 2013
@makiru
I would have been O.K with that route, too... I mean that he forced himself to be with a girl, for the sake of his family and the world. IF the writers would have shown us his inner thoughts. His struggle. And maybe then his acceptance for the life he chose...
But no...
They just went with that - as you have said - "magically fell in love with a girl" thing...
Hell, there are not only hetero- and homosexuals in this world, there are bisexuals, too... I can accept that. I mean I can accept that he fell in love with a girl, too (and not forcing himself!)
But they did not go deep enough for me to accept it. They had 4 more eps to go to show us that! O.K... I admit, maybe I am shallow! I NEED it to be put in my face! Not just a vogue feeling, that this is what happened...
Maybe they will, but that can't erase what I have now: disappointment and unbelief.

And this is kind of a foreshadowing feeling...
The writers can go this route with Na Jeong, too... Just as Binggeure, she was in love with Oppa for the whole series... And this shows they can just negate that, and push it in our face, like: I am the writer, I write what I want!
If they pull the same with Chil Bong and Na Jeong, I will be really disappointed!

Well, that is just point to what I don't like about this show.
It shows us the fallouts, but not the reactions to them.
Hell, they reveal something big, and then just jump forward in time a few months...
I really don't like it...

And they are bringing back Chil Bong now, I think... Or not?
If not, then that is a really bad move on their part. He is missing from the show...
thefreak 15 Dec, 2013
I miss Haetae and Chilbong Q___Q Show, why did you take them away?

And the Reply 1997 cameo in episode 16 showed me how much I miss these characters and their dynamic! >//
donshi5 15 Dec, 2013
so sad
is it the end? Trash is the husband of Najeong?
so banal and primitive... i am upset and disappointed.