mydramalist.info

death note

Official discussion of death note

Synopsis
University student Yagami Light picks up a notebook that was dropped by the death god. If a name of a person is written in the notebook, the person will die.

Warning
This page may contain spoilers.
dollstar 08 Aug, 2016
Really impressive performance by Kubota Masataka. He really knocked it out of the park. I haven't read the manga, but as far as the anime goes, he embodied Light through and through. The drama was much more enjoyable than the movies for me, even though L's quirks were toned down and he wasn't as nuanced. Matsuyama Kenichi pretty much owns this character at this point, so it made sense to give him a different feel in the drama.

I wouldn't say it's an amazing drama, but it's definitely worth the watch if you're a fan of the story, provided you are able to stomach some tweaks to the original plot and characters. I'd say Kubota's performance alone makes this worth it.
danisensei 05 Nov, 2016
I watched the trailer for this remake and got very disappointed with how L was interpreted. Matsuyama Kenichi did an amazing job interpreting him, since L is 'weird', but in this version, Yamazaki Kento seems to make L a 'sexy weirdo'. Kubota Masaka doesn't seem to have the same 'appeal' as Fujiwara Tatsuya when interpreting Light as well. Now I'm reconsidering if I give this remake a try or not...
mirroro 11 Mar, 2017
sweet lord, why. it really is dissapointing. acting, Ryuk, lack of emotions and... lack of creepiness. dissapointing.
rozendoll 15 Sep, 2017
oh noooo.... again? manga, anime, full movie (3 parts) DN "garbage" by Netflix, and this? i will watchi it, because Death Note its my favourite manga but... I think that "too much its not good"
and Fujiwara was better actress than Kubota.. and more handsome
dramaaddict 13 Jan, 2018
Finally finished this drama. Well, some things were pretty weird (Near and Mello for example...), but it was enjoyable never the less. I liked the second half of the drama a lot more and at one point I was really starting to root for Light lol.
Overall though, I liked the movies and the casting there a lot more than here in the drama - with one exception: Kubota Masataka was a better Light for me. He is so good at portraying crazy characters, especially when they are nice on the outside but really creepy on the inside. I don't like Fujiwara Tatsuya that much, maybe that was also a reason, but for me Masa really nailed it as Light, especially when he started losing his shit.

I heard a lot of bad things about this drama, but then I don't really know anything about the original material (never finished the anime), so I cannot compare. I really have to say it was fun and interesting to watch for me, so people should at least give it a try!