mydramalist.info

darui yeonin: bobogyeongsim ryeo

Official discussion of darui yeonin: bobogyeongsim ryeo

Synopsis
Ha Jin is a young woman with a fair amount of worries on her mind. One day, her life complicates even more in an instant as she finds herself transported to a different era, to the body of a Goryeo girl named Hae Su. As Hae Su, she meets several royal princes with different personalities. Amongst them, there are two who become especially important to her: the gentle eighth prince, Wang Uk, and the infamous restless fourth prince, Wang So.

Warning
This page may contain spoilers.
warmlia 04 Oct, 2016
@kitsun do you really still think this way even episode 12?
warmlia 04 Oct, 2016
@kitsun even after*
reinajo 05 Oct, 2016
it's getting disappoint me...but i hope that everything will fall into own place
alex3 05 Oct, 2016
I liked first episodes more, now it feels a little off, but still enjoyable.
kitsun 06 Oct, 2016
@warmlia

I already had an idea of the direction the show will take before this week's episodes. Despite the complete change of the characterisation, the story still makes sure to hit the checkpoints of the original novel/drama. Sometimes I wish it didn't, because I never really considered it a good adaptation.

The last two episodes make it very easy to dislike Uk and while watching I didn't sympathise with him at all. However, after thinking about it for a while I can't help but wonder.

What was it that he should have done to avoid this or another equally bad outcome?

From the very start, the king never intended to find or punish the real perpetrator of the poisoning incident. It's not unlikely that he had an idea as to who may be behind this one: queen Yu. Even though we never really learn much about their relationship prior or past to the fateful scene in which So's face is scarred, there are few hints implicating that while he doesn't seem to regret his choice back then, he bears a certain amount of guilt towards the queen. He wasn't clueless and she didn't exactly hide her resentment either. Yet, as long as the crown prince was safe, the king was turning a blind eye to that, at times willing to punish or sacrifice somebody else in her stead. Whether he had known the truth back when he's thrown away 8th prince and his mother or discovered the truth afterwards, it doesn't appear like he made any effort to bring them back or clear their name. This is something Uk and Yeon Hwa have exeprienced in their younger days and what contributed greatly to what they've become. Yeon Hwa very quickly forged the humiliation into pride and ambition. Uk on the other hand became very careful. In his mind it was probably the only way to remain safe. We know that it happened many years ago, but it was only due to his wife's clan that they were finally allowed to return to the capital.
It's no wonder that he was also careful throughout his relationship with Hae Su. When she was arrested it must have been like a repetition of the past, a bitter proof that he's still powerless.

Hae Su's life was spared, yet he still couldn't do much for her. In fact, no one could. So speaking up for her only solidified king, who couldn't bear to look at her, in sending her away.

From Hae Su's perspective, instead of being saved or protected, she simply needed him to be there for her, which he failed to do, blinded by the bigger picture. It makes sense that he slowly lost her over that year. When she proposed to leave and live quietly, her heart was no longer there. Neither was his. That year has changed them both. If he stopped there, it would feel like the same situation can repeat in the future. Additionally, having himself involved in politics over this time, he most likely wouldn't be safe under the rule of the new king. Things have gone to far to back off now. He can't blame Hae Su even if she were to hate him, but he also can't let go of his feelings. Perhaps to cope with that, he thinks that with So out of the picture there'll be another chance to return things to what they once were.

Speaking of So, it seems like he still has no clue about Hae Su and Uk, thus Uk's unhealthy jealousy is one sided for now.
powerpuff 14 Oct, 2016
It was enjoyable up until epi 10 or so, and now it's become unwatchable tbh. Zero character development, stale storyline.
cleciane 17 Oct, 2016
Sofrendo muito!
ilate 19 Oct, 2016
Why, oh why
do they have to make every death in the drama even more heartbreaking with Im Sunhae's song?! :(