mydramalist.info

What should be done with your remains once your dead? Got already an idea?

ladykitty 04 Jan, 2011
I want to donate my organs and anything else that can be donated (like my hair). I want the rest to be cremated and buried with a small gravestone.
murii 05 Jan, 2011
I want to donate my organs too then I'll be surely dead so I don't care be cremated or buried. First be cremated and then buried in a cute place with a lot of grass. I don't like the ocean so that isn't a good idea
zaharisa 05 Jan, 2011
If I die young (like right now)- I would like to be (and most probably) will be buried in my brother's grave- it would be nice- sharing my grave with him :))

But- I plan to go to Japan in the future.. and since I watched Okuribito- If I die there- although I would (most probably) like my body to be send to my family- I liked the japanese tradition of preparing the body, before being cremated. If I stay in Japan for a long period of time and create a family there- and I'm cremated- I would like my ashes to be trown into the ocean- it sounds somehow romantic to me and I like the wind and the ocean a lot- being able to dance with the wind for the last time or drive the wave of the ocean.. awww :))

@nightrainboww- here the situation is the same with organ donation. :))
iynx 02 Mar, 2011
Well I don't care very much how my remains are disposed of but I just hope that they make sure I'm really dead before they do whatever. I do not want to be waking up half way through anything. I wouldn't mind being turned into a diamond and set in some jewelry so I can haunt people and do other supernatural stuff. That might be fun.
I'm sorry if this seems selfish but since they harvest your organs before you're dead, I don't want to donate anything or receive anything either. Once you say you're an organ donor, they stop giving 100% to save you and start thinking of all the people who can benefit from your body so...no and since I don't want to be treated in that way, I don't want anyone else being treated like a pick and mix for my account.
nanuklein 04 Mar, 2011
@iynx: Could you, please, cite a source for your claim that they harvest organs before the donator is legally dead? Unless you're referring to some 3rd World or Black Market standards..I mean, I've never heard of this before, not in a developed country.

Or is it the brain dead issue you're referring to? If someone is declared as brain dead, then he's legally deceased. That's when organ donation comes into question. They won't, and can't declare you as dead if you're still breathing on your own. At least not in a country that considers itself as a developed one.
And as far as I know, without the express agreement of your kin no organ bank can cut you up and harvest your organs.
iynx 04 Mar, 2011
To Lustmord: First, I don't remember making any reference to the legality of the individuals condition one way or another, but for argument's sake lets say that I did. I am referring to "the brain dead issue" as you call it. You say that when someone is declared brain dead they are legally deceased but why is it that this classification is taken as seriously when there are numerous examples of supposedly brain dead people showing signs of life after they have been declared legally brain dead. Example Zack Dunlap.
You went on to say that "They won't, and can't declare you as dead if you're still breathing on your own." but as far as I know being brain dead doesn't have anything to do with an ability to breath on your own because apparently you can be pronounced dead if your cerebral cortex no longer works but your brain stem does.
I hate to seem rude but your post seems to have quite a naive quality to it.. "They won't, and can't..." really? That's weird because in "developed" countries where the death rate is falling because of improvements in health care, how exactly do you think they thin out the population? Let's look at another factor, in apparently "developed" countries they also like to thin out the population by allowing abortion claiming that a fetus isn't legally alive before it's born but a fetus' heart starts beating at 6 weeks. The medical definition of death used to be when the heart stopped beating so why is it that when it starts beating isn't considered the beginning of life?
It seems to me that you are the sort of person who actually believes that people become doctors out of some sort of wish to help others, but that's just not the case. Honestly have you considered that most of these people don't care if you live or die? Becoming a doctor is more about social status and a Narcissus/God complex then a desire to help others. I don't know about where you're from but over here, almost every doctor I've met seems to think they're some sort of genius, they have condescending, arrogant attitudes. Also when discussing what they can and can't do you might like to consider that lots of hospitals run on budgets, so which do you think is cheaper long term? Keeping someone in hospital long term or doing an organ transplant and having a few hospital visits over a longer period?
Lastly, I have to say that I found your continual references to developed countries somewhat bizarre, I'm English and since I was referring to myself, I was speaking about what can happen in England, which I know isn't quite what it used to be but I believe is still considered developed.
I have a question, if people are really totally dead when they are pronounced dead, why does there need to be a legal definition of it? I mean surely they would show signs of being dead, like decomposition for example.
Please don't allow the simple minded tone of my comment to confuse you, I'm not an idiot and I don't tend to make public statements unless I know what I'm talking about.
tomoyohime 05 Mar, 2011
If some parts of my body can help others, they can be removed, after that I'd like to be cremated and buried.